Birthday Number 13, Blog number one

 My 13th Birthday was much anticipated and caused me quite a few sleepless nights. I woke up at around 6 am and started answering messages and then straight from 730 am (after a bowl of Almond and Honey cornflakes :) )till 1 pm calls were all I was doing. My father gave me so many books! I got Evil Under the Sun, Lord Edgeware dies, Percy Jackson : Sea of monsters(Thank you Vinod mama), Don Quixote, The Prophet, The Count of Monte Cristoe and the Murder of the Orient Express (Jyo maushi. Thanks!) 





My father also made a huge card. It is a collection of his diary entries around the time I was born. I haven't read it through yet. I need to do that. My mother gave me SO much art stuff. I took around half of it, the rest we can donate or gift to others. I spoke for around 20 minutes with each person and my throat was horse, but I felt elated and loved. Here is a list of calls and messages I got. 

1.      MAnha,
2.      Hasini
3.      , Prajwal
4.      , Shripad
5.      , Mansi
6.      , Mama
7.      , Nana
8.      , Mythily atha, Chanti atha
9.      , Nalini atha
10.   , Peddatha,
11.   SHrinjay anna
12.   , Abhi anna
13.   , Abhinay
14.   , Sravanthi
15.   , Chimu
16.   , Chechi
17.   , Papa
18.   , Chachi,
19.    Gauri maushi
20.   , Satish mama
21.   , Bakul maushi
22.   , Shubha maushi
23.   , Meera maushi
24.   , Medha
25.   , Neha
26.   , Parth mama
27.   , Maria mami
28.   , Milind mama
29.   , Chitra maushi
30.   , Jyo maushi
31.   , Baby maushi
32.   , Mangala maushi
33.   , Mrunal maushi
34.   , Manik ajji
35.   , Ajji
36.   , Miskil
37.   , Kabir
38.   , Ajay anna

 
39.   , Radhika akka
40.   , Ashu 
41.   , Anu
42.   , Pooja
43.   , Pratty
44.   , Baba
45.   , Anu mami
46.   , Satish mama
47.   , Durga aunty
48.   , Anita aunty
49.   , Kalyani aunty
TT  The whole school sang too :D
50.   , Kaniyan
51.   , Sreenu mama
52.   , Vasu mama
VaVarda mama
53.   , Ranjan mama
54.   , Gunjan aunty
55.   , Ananya
56.   , Prashant mama
57.   , Anonymous
58.   , Apurva
59.   , Brahmani
60.   , Medha
61.   , Shreya
62.   , Harsh
63.   , Vaishali aunty
64.   , Dhruv uncle,
65.   Nisha aunty
66.   Rheeya
67.   Komal
68.   Shikha
69.   Akshar
   70.   Rajesh uncle
  71.  Reena aunt
72.Urvashi aunty       
73. Monica aunty
74. Niveditha aunty
75. VAnathi aunty
76. Pallavi
And so many more whom I am terribly sorry I forgot😟

I also got some cups which were awesome from Abhinay 
I got a CROSS pen from Papa
Chocolates and Flowers from Chechi and Chimu 
A 2000 rupee amazon gift card from Pooja 
A tear-jerking video from my friends - Mansi, Apurva, Brahmani, Hasini, Sriya, DIvya, Yasvantt, Harsh, Jashmitha,  and teachers. 
Another video album from Mansi 
A PPT from Brahmani and an emotional card! 
A Nat Geo Kids subscription from Pallavi !
And apparently more to come from my extended family :) 

I feel so blessed and fortunate to have such people in my life! 

So after answering calls till around 1230 my stomach was grumbling. Jyo maushi brought her special pasta, chicken, vegetable mix, croissants and more ! I was stuffed :) 
After that I revised GK for the exam the next day again. Around 2 , I was answering calls again :) 
AT 3 my friends joined a zoom and I watched the video! We played Skribbl after that for a while. After eating again, me and Mansi learnt a dance to 'Sucker' - Jonas Brothers for an hour, though I don't remember much. 
After that, we played skribbl with Shrinjay anna, Mayank, Pooja , Chechi , Shikha and Mansi. IT was a lot of fun. 
Then it clicked in our heads that we had taken zero pictures that day . So we got to it. The half cut cake was cut again and we posed with the gifts. After that it was dinner(lunch) and off to GK again. After I was satisfied with my performance we got some new about a relative in the hospital and my parents had to rush there. While this happened, I was Zooming with my Satish mama. Nana came home at around 1030 and then we went to bed. 
I couldn't have asked for a better birthday! 
Thank you a million times everyone for making me feel so special! 



Comments

  1. Hi Anjali, congratulations on your first blog. It's a lovely beginning, expressing gratitude to all the people and their blessings in your life.

    And congratulations on your 13th birthday!

    Have a wonderful time blogging and sharing your anecdotes and thoughts. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anjali,
    I am sure you will surpass me soon in terms of blogging! Like father, like daughter. I started a blog many years ago, wrote 2 or 3 pieces, and promptly forgot about it. It is always on my mind as something I will do more of one day. I think I am already in the mind of the master procrastinator!

    Satish mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so loved. Isn't it lovely to know so many people think of you and want to make your day special.
    I used to not down the names of people who called me on my birthday too. It's very nice to see the long line of names to remind ourselves that we have so much to be grateful for when we are low sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar