Book Review 1 - Lord Edgware Dies

 I think for Agatha Christie , I will stop calling it a review. There is nothing to review. It is magnificent. 

While reading the book, my head was spinning. So  many details that I thought it had to be like Murder on the Orient Express. Everyone did it! But, she wouldn't repeat it. 

Then in the end, I almost burst out laughing. It was so simple that I and Hercule Poirot (Of course, he figures it out in the end) as well missed it.

I heard of this book in another Poirot book where he calls it 'his single failure'. I hardly think so. As usual, any Agatha Christie novel is absolutely worth it.

Some words I learnt were( In every book I read, I write down the words I don't know in pencil on the front page. At the end, I go through them all. It is annoying but it pays off. ):

  1. Vacuous- Showing a lack of thought or intelligence
  2. Surreptitious(ly) - Secretive(ly)
  3. Effeminate - Of a man , having characteristics considered typical of a woman
  4. Repugnant - Distasteful
  5. Insular - ignorant of cultures, people outside one's own experience
  6. Proclivity- Tendency to choose something





Comments

  1. Ah. Now I must read this book. I liked the book review / recommendation Anjali. Also the way you’re sharing the words your you learned. I quickly checked on those words too. That’s a big thing. Thanks for that. And the book reco. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar