That thing in my room Series - 1

 History is one of my favourite subjects. Perhaps I took to it as a challenge initially, to like something everyone hates. To stand out. Anyways, history is everywhere. Its a story to be told. Each item in my room has its own unique history. So, when I'm down with ideas, this seems to be something fun to do. 

First item is this: 

In the window sill, next to Lucky Luke



The story is behind it is not very intricate but I love it. We when to Hyderabad Lit Fest, not sure which year. 2019 I think. At the posterior end of the fest, there was the art and paintings section. There was a man , a salesman and a young man of around 22. He was disabled and was thus painting these elaborate paintings with his feet. I looked at the collection of paintings. The one I liked was of a young girl in a red dress and a straw hat with a red umbrella sheltering her and her cat. It reminded me of Maya. And I think it was hopeful. Anyways, Mama was looking to buy something for Biren and wife for their upcoming wedding, but nothing caught her eye. Then, me and Abhinay went off wandering somewhere. When we returned, Mama had this beautiful painting in her hand. For me. I wish it was signed by the artist. 

Comments

  1. Wow. That's an interesting series. Every object has a story. Looking forward to reading them all. I had forgotten this story. Good one Anjali. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon after reading this post, I began looking at the things and thought of their history. Interesting series Anjali! This happened on Jan 27th 2020 :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar