That thing in my room Series - 3

 Number 3

This is my reading/study lamp. It is from IKEA. 

Reminds of a butler. 


I gave up on IKEA after my first trip to that maze. Like a thriller . But they do have good products.  Once you are in,it takes a while to get out. So, I haven't gone after the first time. My mother went two or three times after. One trip, Mama  brought back 2 lamps. One black one and one white one. I immediately took to the black one. It is sleek and modern. The white seemed bulky. And a problem we discovered later was it kept falling off its stand. 

In action


Something interesting about this lamp is that when you touch the bulb it doesn't burn. It isn't hot. I don't know why I was touching the bulb in the first place. It also provides support for the comic books I have in the window sill. It is very useful. Before, I had to get up from my comfortable reading position to switch off the light 5 metres(Blogger says it is meters ! What an outrage) away! You're laughing, but it is so agonizing. 

Comments

  1. I wish I had a lamp like yours Anjali Akka!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Look around you, I'm sure you'll find something equally special

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar