Thoughts: Simple Living

 Often I have been told that life should be 'simple'. I disagree with this, or maybe I just don't understand what it means. What I am saying is that people tell me that simple life or Hindi me 'Saada Jeevan' is good. But what do you mean by that? Do you mean that we should live only on our necessities? Not taking anything else? Then, will we be happy? 

Enjoying life - Picture Credit: Me


I don't think so. I like my things. I'm not attached to them, but I like them. I like my books, my paints, my room , my wave board, my cycle. I don't want to live without them, if I had a choice. If having things makes me happy, shouldn't I have things? I can have things, then why not have them?  Simplicity is probably meant to bring serenity. But, I think simplicity in the mind brings serenity. Having clarity and knowing your purpose(There's this awesome TED talk about a similar thing by Emily Esfahani Smith on YouTube).


 

I think I most probably misunderstood what people are saying. But that's ok. Hehe. 


Comments

  1. Thoughtful TED Talk Anjali :) How about living a "Saada Jeevan" with a lot of simple things like, a pair of headphones, GOPRO to shoot, loads of journals to write, and so many other things. It's simble I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one. Let me watch this talk. Then we can chat about it. Simply. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar