Painting: Aisha

 We went to Himalaya Book Store as I earned a small salary for doing design work for Mama. I found these small, cheap canvases for 40 rupees and picked up two. I like this idea as with a large space I often feel flustered. I had initially planned to draw something from a tutorial online, but then I didn't feel like it. 

There is one thing I can always draw - an eye. So I drew an eye and an eyebrow with pencil. Now I didn't know what to do. I draw one wavy line - leading to several more and then I thought - This looks like hair! I added locks and a nose. Before I started painting, I took a picture..I was sure of my ability to mess it up! Luckily, it turned out great. Could be my best one yet.

Initial

After


Catalogue picture 


I knew I didn't want just black hair. This girl was so cool! I love the colours. I didn't mix them fully on purpose..I like this unevenness. I was sure that I wanted the girl to have my coloured skin - more coffee-like though. I tried giving her eye shadow. I retraced it at the end with an 8B pencil. 

In my head, this girl's name is Aisha. She wears clothes like this one from FRIENDS. She listens to Folklore-like music. I love this girl! I want to be this :D

Comments

  1. Good Anjali.Be the girl you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the girl in the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Aisha! I like how you created her. Nice work Anjali, I like the painting too (and now it has come alive with a name).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar