Poetry: Haikus

 Found some Haikus I wrote last year. They are a little cheesy. 

  1. Routinely they shake 

Off their worries,their tears as

Protectors do



  1. Gentle and nimble

The wind moves so calmly says

Is it serendipity? 



  1. Why are plants alive

If they were to be eaten

By mankind and all



  1. I say it is black

Even if you show me how

It is still not white



  1. Run free like the bird

So i run, stop, turn  to see

Home? I cannot see



  1. NUmber, what is it? 

Measure of intelligence? 

NO understanding



  1. Eight rupees is much

I retain the coins with me

I give just pink notes




  1. Birds chirp for they seek

Attention, show their beauty

Muted by screens



  1. Take baths in chlorine

And nature is appeased,we

Do not recognise water


  1. Salty ocean runs

My feet, I feel enveloped

This is blissful life



  1. Identity feels

Trapped and limited to me

I am energy



  1. What is Anjali

Labelled for life, trapped in a

Box, is there more me ?


  1. Everyone hates me

She said it but no one said it

They truly love her



  1. Cold is acerbic

Yet it feels like a friend who 

has come to visit


  1. We do not know pain

It is not a bullet wound

But losing a love (Clairvoyance?)


  1. First in class he was

Last in all else he said ‘what

Use is the first then ? ‘



  1. Warm breath beats down on

The chest some solace from the

Frozen world left here


Comments

  1. Enjoyed reading them Anjali. Maybe we could chat about them sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar