Thoughts : Filling in the Blanks - Part 2

 With the experience I have amassed in 8 months, I was rethinking my blog post on Filling in the Blanks. Remaining in the question - seems to be a lot of people's thing. What is the need to take a stand? I don't need to take a stand. 

I get where that comes from. Especially with all the political wars going on around us. But my question to you is - Is not taking a stand aiding the enemy? 

Let's say its election time. Party X is horrible, a total Big Brother, but has several supporters and is likely to win. Party Y is not that great either, but they have some semblance of kindness. You go to the booth, decide you don't want to be ruled by either and vote N/A. 

To drink or not to drink? Or should I just eat?


Tell me, should you remain in the question or should you take a stance?

This sort of aligns with one of the logical fallacies Inder Uncle told me about. The 'If you're not with us, you are against us'. But if the us is horrible, shouldn't it work out like this?

The idea is foggy, like most of my blogs. But its a thought.


Comments

  1. Ah. I get what you're saying. You must take a stand for what you believe in - though there are certain contexts where I catch myself not taking a stand. Worth pondering over. Also reminds me of a quote I read somewhere - 'If you don't have any enemies, it means you have never taken a stand.'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar