Stress

 So much is going on! Never-ending homework, upcoming tests and chapters I can't wrap my head around. Now there is this new project at home who is a ton of work. Exercising , diary writing and my other projects have gone with the wind.  Classes, project, eat , sleep. With so much on my to-do list, I end up procrastinating by watching mindless TV. It does not make me feel much better. 

I wish that there was a break to reorganise life but time is always going. The best thing we can do during stress is to do basic self-care and what makes us happy. To do things mindfully. 

I hate studying as much as the next person but a different attitude perhaps could help! 

To tackle one thing at a time to avoid getting burnt out. 

How do you tackle stress?

Comments

  1. Let me try to answer. Our age old wisdom says we worry too much about things that have not happened, that we cannot control. The cause for stress is because we are attached to the outcome - and to let go of stress is to let go of our attachment to the outcome. Easier said than done one may say but that is exactly why they say -focus on the process and not the outcome. Like when we drive we have to be very focussed on the process so we can get the right outcome (get there safely). So my mantra - focus on what you can control, ignore what you cannot. Or in other words focus on process and drop all attachment to the outcome.
    I found a nice variant to this in a book I read - where a person is open to not just one outcome but to all outcomes. This is easier because it is less monk-like and allows us to be open to everything - good, bad and ugly - with a slight predisposition to the very good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar