That Thing In My Room : My Desk

 Wait, listen to my "Influencer" talk : Hey guys! I know I haven't been posting many happy posts, and I am so sorry (though no one reads the blog)! I promise I will do that from now on! (I probably won't). Love, love! (Why two times?????)

Anyways. 

My desk is a dark wood, would love to find out which wood if anyone knows. It is a little shorter than my armspan(don't want to take out the scale). Where I sit it's empty below with a bar for my feet. On the left side there are four drawers, all with their own opinions. 

The first one is relatively easy to open and close and I put the laptop there. The second drawer is stubborn, it has all the pens, maps, pencils, sketches and once you open it , it takes a certain charisma and peace of mind to close it. When I'm annoyed I bang it which just irritates you more as the drawer says - 'Come rey! Break your head only!'

The third one is even harder so I put the reference books there. The bottom one is 'The One Who Must Not be Opened'. I think it has some files in it but in the one year I have had this desk I have not dared to open it. 

Side view

To hell with you second drawer!


I got this enigmatic yet charming desk from Jyo maushi, well Jyo Maushi's father - Bal Adjoba after his death. He was the grandfather I never had. They stayed in Tarnaka, where Maushi and Ajji still stay. He had a huge collection of books and some eccentric mementos. His desk was neat, with gluesticks and white papers and pens I shouldn't dare to touch. He was like a Ruskin Bond. He was a ton of fun. Once, he showed me a bunch of places on the map and said I've been here and here and here also! We made a tower out of curd boxes once. Why? I don't know :D 

His death was the first real death experience for me , until 2020. I miss him often, and I think this desk makes me feel like he's here every day! I wasn't that close to him, but he came to Grandparent's Day in KG  :) I have his set of Books of Knowledge - 1919 edition. I read through them from time to time, just for fun. 

On the side of the desk, I wrote his name. Just for fun. 

Comments

  1. Would love to listen to your influencer talk in-person :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table seems like it has seen a lot! I wonder when the glass in top became a part of it 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I like the fact that you wrote Bal ajoba's name. He was a wonderful person, full of life and mischief. And hey, the last drawer has some of my stuff, so leave that alone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar