Birthday Number 14, Blog Number 42

 The title reminds of the surge of excitement I felt writing my first blog. It's been a year and I've explored a lot of myself through this blog so far!

This year's birthday story begins on Oct 1st, when at school I got a splitting headache during a periodic test. I finished my paper in a rush and went home. After a few painful hours , I had some upchuck and then slept for a while. I got a headache because I had been feeling unspecial that day, there is a custom at school for birthdays and I did not receive it. Not to be ungrateful, but that was how I felt. 

But then I realised, I have so many people who do love me, so very much, why not focus on the love I do get rather than on what I don't. 

I went with Chechi to QMart for her gift to me - All You can Get Grocery shopping :D We had a lot of fun, looking at all the fancy stuff, laughing and talking together. We came back and then Mama and I put on Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara while she wrapped my gifts !

It was 12! We cut a cake, I opened my presents! This year I got myself some gifts from Amazon - A dog bed for Akela, Acrylic paints and brushes, colour pencils, and soap-making materials(soap-making is fun). I also opened the books - The Trouble With Rose, Murder in the Mews and the clothes that Pallavi and I wrapped together. 

My parents gave me beautiful cards and a bunch of books. Thank you so much! Kalpak Dada got me the third Percy Jackson book - The Titan's Curse. Thank you so much! Pallavi stopped by and she gave me a graphic novel - 'Drawing the Line: Indian Women Fight Back' , a lovely drawing and a few clips. Thank you very much!


Morning Walk

Posing with Gifts :D

Pallavi and I



Rocking a Wreath


Wofl


Cutting a cake






 The night ended with some ABBA and chit-chat. I woke up at 7.45 to messages from Jyo Maushi, Parth Mama, Mihir Mama and Milind Mama with pictures that were a journey through time! I went on a walk with Akela who I realised loves me so much everyday, that everyday was my birthday. I called Mythili Atha(Thank you for the beautiful wreath), Shrinjay Anna, Chanti Atha, Miskil. Nisha Aunty, my classmates and ex-classmates - Sujith, Snigdha, Apurva, Aishwarya, Saketh, Manha, Prajwal, Sivani, Yasvantt, Shripad, Kriti, Harsh, Karthikeya, Sahith, Rishitha, Hasini, Brahmani and Mansi , Manik Ajji, Shashi Ajji, Neha, Inder Uncle, Medha, Pooja, , Kalpak Dada, Vanathi aunty, Papa, Vandana Aunty, Niveditha Aunty, Baby Maushi, Bakul Maushi, Shubha Maushi, Satish Mama, Baba, Suhita Maushi, Pedattha,  Gauri Maushi , Mangala Maushi, Ranjan Mama, Chandu Mama, All my teachers, Shweta Tai, Shikha, Meera Maushi, Chitra Maushi, Pavani Aunty, Ramesh Uncle, Anjali Aunty, Abhinay , and more - Thank You so so much for making me feel so special !

For breakfast, we went out, which is still new to me, to 'Wofl' in Banjara Hills and had fun with just the three of us. We came back to Akela's wagging tail and Jyo Maushi. Abhinay came in from Rajasthan, and we had fun! Mansi also came this time! We had a lunch of pasta and salad, thank you Jyo Maushi!

Mansi and I had our fun - listening to ABBA, making soaps of all colours, dancing around. Chechi came around in the evening . Around 5, we cut another cake - Thank You Sloka ! - Chimu came too. We looked at pictures and laughed. Abhinay, Chechi, Mansi and I began a long series of Scotland Yard games, beginning with my victory as Mr. X. We had fun and made the most of my birthday till half-past midnight. 

I could not believe the amount of love showered on me and it makes me more confident to continue being myself! 

This year  - I want to make the most of life. I will never be 14 again. Why not live it? I will have fun, play games, create relationships with family and friends, paint, write, learn and enjoy life!


Thank you everyone for all the wishes!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday Anjali! Was good fun. Good idea ...to make the most of each day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar