The Venom In My Eyes

 It was first grade

When I felt the sadness change

The sadness I had known many a time before

The blueness it began to turn black

Like a rotting piece of bread over time


I felt that venomous blackness grow and become a part of me

That blackness, that darkness, that seemed so easy to become

And soon everything turned black

And I couldn't see

Who I really was anymore


Because other people's words

Other people's faces

All turned black to me


I never saw red, but that inky cloud 

When I realised I was becoming someone unknown

And so I suppressed it

I never really missed it

Until I saw I couldn't


The venom it seeps through every now and then

I catch myself changing into that someone else

The blackness, the poisonous, world view

It never really does go away. 

Not really 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar