Leadership and Associated Perils

 I recently became Head Girl at school. Yes, a buttload of talking to people, bringing passive-aggressiveness into friendships and general merriment went into this. You can stop with the catcalls and the fanfare, honestly, I just want to have some 'me' time from the paparazzi. 

The short gap between winning the election and getting to work got away from me, with a photography contest, a republic day blog post, anchoring, best out of waste contest and more. Of course, my incredible friends are so incredible that it truly is a group thing. But, it's been a lot, dealing with kids, dealing with teachers, dealing with council members and dealing with my brain that went into overdrive about two weeks in. I'm much better at managing my emotional releases and understanding what I need when I need to take care of my mental health, but it's a lot. 

Sona when listening to my lectures


Recently, a bit of a civil war broke out within the council and things got messy. I try to be the "leader" in the books, patient and honest, listening to everyone, but it ain't easy. I feel like becoming a little emotional and venting out. I had a bit of a temper when I was younger, and I feel it return. 

Leadership can only be described as being part of the team. Keeping the team's interest at the front, despite my inner turmoil. The best way that I can lead is by being myself, my wacky, sometimes insane, sometimes weird, many a times disliked leader. I'm honest, whatever hell I'm going through. 

Whatever happens at council, or any other group situation, I can't expect everyone to like me, to appreciate me for being myself. I don't really need them to. If I'm myself, at the end of the day, I'll live a happy life. 

Comments

  1. Lovely. Good understanding of leadership A. From someone who is experiencing it. Like everything but mostly that bit about being part of the team, keeping the team's interest at the front...and being yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar