Why I don't believe in Role Models and why I have one

 "Who is your role model?" "My parents, ma'am" Oh, shut up! Don't go all Aadarsh Vidyarthi on me! Parents, it seems. Parents are great, but really, role models are the people who are legally required to treat you decently? 

But, role models is an interesting concept. I mean, there are people who like certain people so much that they want to BE them. Like, that's the epitome of humanity for them. And don't go "Elon Musk" now! He's a capitalist! 

I just don't believe in the thing itself. If I spend enough time with any person, I will start finding faults. Many many faults. People all suck, up close. Like, keep your distance. And there is always something I will disagree with about a person, because there's no one who thinks exactly like I do, or there is no one like moi. And I cannot bring myself to completely idolise someone, people will always do something I don't like, and that's fine, they're different. 

But, I do like some aspects of people's characters. My current Role Model/ Girl Crush is Twinkle Khanna, yes, Mrs. Funnybones. I like her writing, it makes me happy! She doesn't take life too seriously. It's as if the present is just an anecdote in the making. And I love that! I don't like how carefree she is when she's talking about some issues, but that's okay! I don't want to be her. She's already her. I simply like her anecdotal style of writing. 


So, have role skills or role goals, not role Kendall Jenners or role Gigi Hadids. 

Comments

  1. "Don't go all Adarsh Vidyarthi on me!" This is a great hook sentence Anjali. Good one.

    Currently my role skill is SQL :'D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice. Role skills and role goals...interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar