An Ode to Pain

 I know you're hurting

I know life sucks

I know you want to just scream

and let it out


I know someone wronged you

I know it wasn't fair

I know you were helpless

I know you were scared


But your hurt, 

doesn't make it okay

to hurt other people


I may not be in the same boat, 

But I can help you steer it


I won't hurt you

I will just be

And I know you can't hear me

Over the voice in your head


But , I will be there for you

Even when you fear

That I won't be near

I will be right here


And I know you don't want to say your truth

And I know it hurts to trust

But it's better to have loved and lost, 

than never to have loved at all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old, In with the New

Over the MUN

Head in the Clouds to Head in my phone