Joining Instagram

 I have waited all my life to join Instagram. It sounded so cool. All my cousins, who are much older than I am , were into it. Celebs were on it and I could not wait. But, I made the decision not to create a gmail account until I was 13 years old. So, I was pretty late and unaware of social media. 

The only thing I ever heard of it was "is an evil". "for adults", "addictive" , etc. So, I felt guilty even wanting to join Instagram. After all, I am the golden child. After one unnamed cousin spoke to me about her travel photos on the app, I was interested. So I did it.

I just did it. I downloaded it, entered my email and created an account. For those laughing at how big a deal this was to me, you defied Google LAWS. 13 years and above ONLY. 

So, I started seeing a lot of familiar faces. Some familiar but not close. And everytime I post something on Instagram, everyone there gets to see it. My account is still private, so I can control to some extent who sees my posts. But I feel uncomfortable putting my life, permanently on the internet. I don't know how to comprehend this application or to understand its true purpose (I realise I sound about 100 years old now) yet. 

We'll just have to see how it goes, won't we?



Yikes. But I know that I did what I thought was best. And maybe my new best will change too. - 5/6/22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar