Mental Health

 Mental health is important. Its not something that makes you 'weak' or something that means you're a 'wimp'. It means you're human. 

All of us have people in our lives, and people inevitably lead to problems. Your problem with them, or theirs with you.  And sometimes people do stupid stuff. And it hurts. And that's alright.

That single statement is a major breakthrough. It's okay to feel your feelings. It does suck. It does make you want to just quit. It does make you want to just curl up and disappear. And you have every right to do whatever you need to work on yourself. 

Mental health is health too. It deserves attention and love and care. Surround yourself with the people you know won't judge you. And if they might, tell them to just shut up and listen for a second or just sit there. 

Everyone has off days. Its just about what you do when you do. 

Blisters are beautiful


For the longest time, I used to tell myself not to cry. That crying was weak. That I had to be strong. But its tough. I used to write down a list of what my teachers, parents and friends wanted in the perfect person. And I would try to be that. And it sucked.

 I've realised over many years and after many traumatising episodes, that all I have to be is me. And I cannot afford to live my life trying to make people happy. It's not my job. I can be kind, and have boundaries. I can be nice, and not get pushed over. I can trust people, and myself. 

Recently, an incident occured at school. A couple Student Council members volunteered very kindly to share what they thought was wrong about me. In class. Out loud. And it hurt, even when I laughed it off. Because they're my friends. 

But I've realised that while they may have something useful to say, the way they said it stems from their insecurity and their hurt and their feelings. It still does not make what they did fair or correct. But I know that it's not my problem. The only thing I can do is what I think is right. 

As the incredible Peggy Carter said , 

'I know my value. Anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter.'

And I don't hate people who do stupid stuff. Because the stupid stuff has nothing to do with me. 

Comments

  1. A mature way of thinking.Others opinion of you is not your reality.so Anjali in my long life i know that nothing matters no-one matters as long as we are happy as ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar