Top Speed

Have I been put in a rat race

One with endless mice

All just like the others

Blinders on both sides


I'm so sick of running as fast as I can

Haven't taken a breath in a while


When was the last time I looked to my side

At the remnants of the people I liked


I don't know how to escape these walls

How does a locksmith break his own lock

And everybody's trying to get in my head

But if I give in, will I give up?


I can't find the path to a happy life

One with light

I only know how to run all the time

If I stopped, would I be able to start again?

Comments

  1. Of course. There are no rules but our own. Stop when you want, slow down when you want. It's completely your game. You make your rules.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cast-e Your Eye Over : Happy Ambedkar Jayanti

Over the MUN

Existential Philosophy : Karim Benammar